fighter visits

Kitaoka vs Hirota Trash Talk



Narrator: on August's most important card, Sengoku lightweight champion Satoru Kitaoka makes his first defense. His challenger is Mizuto Hirota.

Hirota: I want belt for Nagasaki (his home). I want have a nice Bon Festival holiday.
Kitaoka: There is no way the belt goes to Nagasaki. The belt will remain in my lonely room during the Bon Festival .I think Hirota is strong, but there are many kinds of strong. Hirota's strength is a level below mine.
(Hirota laughs bitterly.)

(Scene: The fighters' gyms.)

Hirota: I'm pissed about what he said at the press conference. (Laugh.) I think is that much kind of difference?There is only way I fight him to make him understand.I will knock him out.
Kitaoka: That's impossible. He better watch my fight videos. He needs to learn more. Is he stupid?

(Sengoku G Opening)

(Scene: A restaurant.)

Narrator: Persimmon and chestnut dining room, the place where Hirota can calm down. Owner Fujisawa has supported Hirota since he came to Tokyo from Nagasaki His "Tokyo Father" has delicious food for him every time.

Hirota: Delicious. (Laugh.)

Narrator: Hirota, a man loved by those around him. He will get plenty of cheering for this title match.

(Scene: Hirota's bout with Ryan Schultz last year)

Narrator: In last year's grand prix, he was one of the final four. He is the hardest puncher in Sengoku's lightweight division; his fist called "Pug" will attack the champion Kitaoka.

Fujisawa: Kitaoka isn't a guy fit for the belt.

(Scene: A Satoru Kitaoka fight entrance.)

Narrator: Blessed from the fighting goddess, Satoru Kitaoka. He won last year's lightweight grand prix, and won the title match to become the fight lightweight champion. When there's a scramble, he never separates until submission. Pancrase's submission king will evaluate Hirota.

(Scene: Kitaoka receiving a massage.)

Kitaoka: I think he is considerably strong. He has heart, skill and body. He has character as a professional. I have pride in having won a tournament including a fighter like him; he was one of the best four in the tournament I won. (Pause.) Hmmm ... I have no idea. How will he try and win against me?

Hirota: Takedowns, I know he doesn't mind getting on bottom. I know that can be dangerous, but I should fight like he can't touch me. I will try to pressure him, to make him go backward.

Naoki Sakurada (Hirota's trainer): Kitaoka is a known grappler, we know what he'll try to do. We know what Hirota will try to do. We knew what we would do even before actually talking strategy. This fight is about how kill the opponent's strength and use our own strength.

(Scene: Hirota's bout with Mitsuhiro Ishida from Shooto Tradition.)

Narrator: Here is an example of what he will try to do in the fight: Shooto's 20th Anniversary Show, his opponent is Japanese top tackler Mitsuhiro Ishida. Against a world-level wrestler, how will Hirota fight? The champion Kitaoka was there to watch Hirota fight.

(Translation of the Hirota-Ishida fight commentary is omitted.)

(Scene: The aftermath of Hirota's win over Ishida.)

Narrator: He finished his opponent before the takedown. It took just one punch to finish. A great win for Hirota, who has a destructive punch. This method can avoid Kitaoka's takedowns.

Hirota: What to say ... I hate getting looked down upon from opponents. He said I'm young and a show-off. I'm only three years younger than him. What do I think is the reason I won? Hmmm ... I think I did what I should, that's the reason. I didn't let him take me down. I made my posture low so he couldn't go for a takedown.

Narrator: After watching the fight against Ishida, will Kitaoka still try to submit Hirota?

Kitaoka: I'm going grab him and submit him. It's going to look like a beatdown.

Hirota: He has a style I can't pull off, so I understand it's amazing. But, I doubt that it's fun for the audience. Any pro knows how amazing Kitaoka is, but ordinary people just think, "Do submissions really even hurt?". I think something easy to understand is best: smash him and knock him out is the best way. That's what creates popularity.

Kitaoka: Maybe that's true, but Hirota, you can't do that. First, you can't win against me. Second, making an event popular and bring martial arts to the audience ... you don't have power like that.

Hirota: I think I should beat him for the prosperity of the martial arts world.

Kitaoka: The crowd should come, and believe in Hirota's punch. It's not just me that has fans, there is a lot Hirota fans also. I don't care about atmosphere, the crowd thinking, "Kitaoka is going to lose." I think that's impossible.

Hirota: I think he can't put on a fun fight for the audience.

Kitaoka: If you watch, you can feel the Sengoku champion's strength. We aren't same category. And for Hirota, the guy [who will make martial arts popular] isn't you.

Hirota (laughing bitterly): I think it will get more popular when I'm getting the championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment